Can I claim for storm damage?

Policies protect your home against the effects of storms and floods.? A buildings policy covers damage to buildings, garages and sheds and your contents policy will protect the items within your home and garden. Damage to hedges, gates and fences are usually not covered for damage caused by a storm.

Should I appoint my own loss assessor to handle my claim?

This is entirely your own decision.? A loss assessor will charge a fee for their service or deduct their fee from any cash settlement the insurance company may offer.? It may be easier to deal with the insurance company yourself.

Scroll to Top