Am I covered for accidental damage to my home and contents?

For an additional cost you can choose to protect your home (buildings) and its contents against accidental damage.

The choices available are usually:

  • no accidental damage cover
  • limited accidental damage cover – This usually covers you for accidental damage to glass, sanitaryware and fixed glass.
  • extra accidental damage cover – This covers you for any other accidental damage

Examples of accidental damage to the building include: drilling into a pipe or cable, damage to a kitchen worktop caused by a hot pan or children drawing on the walls.

Examples of accidental damage to contents include: damage caused by spilling food or drink on your carpet or accidentally knocking over an ornament.

Categories: Am I covered?, Claims, Policy cover

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Scroll to Top