- Make sure all pipes and tanks in the loft space are fully lagged.
- Find your main stopcock and make sure you can turn it off and on.? If you have a water meter, the ‘off’ switch is on the meter.? The meter is usually outside your house.
- Repair any dripping taps.
- Check your loft insulation is thick enough and is in good condition.
- Leave your heating on to maintain an air temperature of at least 5c (40F) especially if you are away for more than a day or two during the winter months.
- Open the loft trap door to allow warm air to reach the loft.
Category: General Advice